Hot Wheels ID is coming to the Basic Range, in the form of Chase cars.

This was a bit of a surprising development when I opened a package from Mattel last week. Two carded Hot Wheels ID cars, with basic wheels instead of HWid wheels. I inquired, and got a bit of info. Not all the details, but some. I also got permission to share, so that is what I am doing. Enjoy the video:

9 thoughts on “Hot Wheels ID is coming to the Basic Range, in the form of Chase cars.

1. Wilbert Johnson says:

This would be so cool if people could find em. Too many people take more than one car.

2. Wilbert Johnson says:

I also have a question.. Do you know anything about the 1998 zamac convention cars?

3. Wiley Coyote says:

Don’t see how this is “good” – just more scalping and hoarding.

4. cody6268 says:

If I do find them, I’m getting the Escort. So, is this a test just to see how well HWid does in the mainline?

5. BasilisBae says:

Is there a significant different from the mainline cause it seems the rims and tyres are from mainline not HWiD.

6. Samuel Ace says:

Those new hotwheels ID chase cars are both awesome.👍I will be on the hunt for both of those and I can’t wait to add both of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

7. Speedeeone says:

I’m not really sold on Hot Wheels id, but having said that, I would likely grab that Escort if I found one.

8. Dave Hardway says:

A couple of questions what case code are they showing up in and US only or International as well,

9. Mike Palmer says:

Hi, Just watch your vid on the ID cars. I didn’t know what it was I was looking at. Anyway, I just came from a Dollar General and saw the Escort. My son collects Hot Wheels and I’m always on the lookout for him. So I got it for him. I also found the new Bat Plane, the Grass Chomper TH and 67 Jeepster Super TH. It was a good trip to the dollar store as I only went in for a can of Spaghettios. He was thrilled to say the least.