It’s gonna be a big week for all Hot Wheels nerds. The 32nd Hot Wheels Convention starts this coming Tuesday, and a lot is happening. Hot Wheels is putting a bow on their 50th Anniversary year, and ramping up for 2019. That will all come to a head this week.
And yes, we are doing the Lamley DLM Party once again.
So if you are going, I will see you there. If you are not, keep visiting the blog and Subscribe to the Lamley YouTube Channel and Lamley Extras Channel. I have a bunch of stuff for you. Want a list? Ok here is a list:
- Monday – Convention Model Preview (Datsun 510 & Mercury Cyclone) here on the blog and Lamley YouTube Channel.
- Throughout the week – Room & Model Showcases on the Lamley Extras YouTube Channel
- Thursday night – Dinner Model Showcase on the blog and Lamley YouTube Channel
- Friday – RLC Model Showcase, Charity Auction highlights
- Saturday afternoon- Lamley DLM Party, Saturday 4:00, streamed live on the Lamley YouTube Live
- Saturday Night – Finale Model Showcase on the blog and Lamley YouTube Channel
- Saturday Night – Hot Wheels 2019 New Model Preview streamed live on the Lamley YouTube Channel
That is what is scheduled, but there will be even more. You never know what you will encounter at the Convention.
If you are coming, I would love to see you at the Lamley DLM Party. Bring a good model to open, and qualify for a slew of awesome prizes, including the 2019 HW Toy Fair Nissan GT-R, which will never be available at retail.
In fact, here are all the prizes:
- Nissan GT-R 2019 Toy Fair, donated by Mattel
- Kmart Mail-in Batmobile, donated by Mattel
- Case of Car Culture Dragstrip Demons, to be sent to winner by A&J Toys
- Boulevard Datsun 510 Wagon & Porsche 993, donated by Wheel Collectors
- Case of Sterling Protectors, donated by Sterling
Good prizes? They are. But there are tiers, so be sure to bring something good to open to qualify for the REALLY good prizes.
What do I mean by good model? Something that is significant when it is opened. I desirable RLC model, a really nice Super TH, an older model like Speed Machines, Vintage Racing, etc. We will be looking at what you have before you open to let you know if you qualify for a ticket. You’ve got to earn it. The YouTube audience will be watching, so be sure to bring something they want to see opened.
I will be doing a separate post on the DLM Party, but plan on coming. If you won’t be in LA, plan on watching.