$6.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
- Celebrate 60th anniversary of Matchbox
- Exclusive International Workstar Brush Fire Truck
- Authentic die-cast parts
- Realistic details and decos
- A must have for any Matchbox collector!
- We are dropping the VW Bulli Concept for 2014 and will no longer pursue it. It is being replaced by a new licensed Model. It will be the 93 Ford Mustang LX SSP. SSP means Special Service Package. This is a police car based on the Mustang LX 5.0 .
- The Land Rover Evoque & LR4 will be moving to 2015. Alternate existing models will be used in their place this year. These are TBD so this is still subject to change.
- We have a vehicle name change for the BMW 1M it will be M1 instead.
- I have a suggestion for an EASY new SkyBusters model…..The US Navy is now using the Boeing P-8 Poseidon for anti-submarine duty. In real life, this is an upgraded Boeing 737-800, which Matchbox has made recently (SB-71-A). If the Matchbox 737-800 were painted “military gray”, they could produce a P-8 Poseidon easily. Just like the Matchbox Boeing DC-10 was painted gray and released as a military KC-10 tanker, which is a nice model. What do you think?
- Did the International Pumper (modified) which is now designated as MB877 also include the new MAN #? I can tell my example is slightly modified; however it has the original MAN # (379).
- It appears that the Dodge casting has been modified to make the roof light part of the window. Can this be verified? Yes this was done.
Also since they stated this is happening to the X5, can we find out if this will happen to all models with added light bars.
- The NEW RESCUE ATV. looks really amazing. Could the next design use one of the rural fire departments which use these kind of apparatus for wilderness fires/rescue as opposed to regular sized rigs. For an example google Mildred fire company in Sullivan County pa. they run 2 since they protect part of Rickett’s Glenn National Park.
- While doing a search, I also found that the fire dept. in Geneva, Switzerland uses Ford E-Series ambulances. Even though I find it a little weird to see a US (well it’s a Canadian-made Crestline ambulance body) ambulance in a European country, I think that this would be a good unique design and a break from the mostly made-up agencies (only the San Luis Obispo and Boone Co. designs were real)
- I am really excited to see the 6×6 ATV. It looks good, and has some fun details included. For those of you unfamiliar with the actual vehicle it’s based on, run a Google image search for “Polaris Ranger 6×6,” or take a look at these that have already been converted for ambulance duty:
Matchbox has done a really great job in modeling that vehicle, and as far as I’m concerned, it’s a really cool vehicle to start with. 6×6 always wins bonus points in my book. From the time the Sahara Survivor appeared, I thought it was inspired by the British Special Forces Pink Panther Land Rover [Link: http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/Pink_panther.htm ][Link: http://www.allisons.org/ll/4/LandRover/Military/Pink-Panther/ ] What are the chances of Matchbox putting out a version of this casting in the pale, matt pink formerly used for desert camouflage?
- Other questions/idea: We know that Matchbox’s current focus is on exploration and adventure. Matchbox did a great version of the Space Shuttle, but what about making the Lunar Rover for the mainline? It certainly counts as exploration and adventure, and if Hot Wheels’ Mars Rover is any indication, vehicles with such a unique historic/scientific value sure don’t stay on the pegs for very long.
Similarly, the Camel Trophy was a competition based not on racing or speed, but on exploration and getting through difficult terrain. What about making a Camel Trophy livery of one of the many Matchbox Land Rovers? The Defender 110 would be perfect, although just about any one of them would work. Again, an authentic livery of a historic competition should have a high demand on the pegs.