Can you do it?
Last week, as we completed the Worst Regular TH poll, and as we saw the reaction from all collectors to the new Fangster Treasure Hunt, we got to thinking.
Shouldn’t we leave them?
We are more convinced than ever that Mattel’s hope with the regular Treasure Hunts is that collectors leave them behind. Some things to consider about Regulars:
- Generally there is one Reg TH in every case, including Kday cases, making them fairly common, but still considered limited.
- Unlike Super TH’s, there is an explanation on the card telling the lucky owner that the flame symbol signifies this is a limited edition special model and they are lucky to have found it.
- With a few exceptions (Mazda RX-7, Dodge Challenger Drift), the choices of castings and colors/designs of the Regular TH’s are very kid-focused.
- There is only one Super in every few cases, making them much more rare than other basic models.
- A Super is almost always a collector-oriented model (Mustangs, Camaros, Mopar, JDM, exotics).
- There is no way a non-collector would know what they have if they happened to be lucky enough to pick one up.
- Since last year, Supers are enhanced versions of standard mainline releases, which allows anyone who likes the casting to still get a basic version.