We are really starting to look forward to this…
On the heels of our K Case Report, we have another case to break down for you. Our Hot Wheels L Case arrived from Grana Toys on Saturday, and in Lamley fashion, we photographed everything as it was pulled.
Before we start the report, remember the Grana Toys has SEALED Hot Wheels L Cases for sale as we speak, and if you buy on their website and use the promo code “LAMLEY”, you can get a special discount. Just follow the link:
GranaToys.com Hot Wheels L Cases for sale
If you would like to use eBay, they are available there as well, although the Lamley discount does not apply:
And hurry, there are only 7 cases left last we looked…
So here it is, our unabridged photo account of the what is in our 2014 Hot Wheels US L Case, pulled three models at a time:
The first 36:
New Model Alert – Poppa Wheelie
The next 36:
New Model Alert – ’14 Corvette Stingray
Treasure Hunt Alert
Recolor Alert – Fast Bed Hauler
So there it is. All 72 models. Our thoughts:
- Once again, no Super, but that is ok. The Super in this case is the ’76 Greenwood Corvette, and if you read Lamley, you know that it is one of our favorite models. So we made sure we already had one, and we gave it the First Look treatment last week. The mainline version is great on its own:
- The New Models in this case are heavy on Hot Wheels originals, with the ’14 Corvette Stingray being the exception. (First Look pics coming soon.) As far as the originals go, the Poppa Wheelie will garner a lot of curiosity, but the Fast Bed Hauler should be the most popular.
- The heavy amount of non-licensed models is made up for with easily one of the best Regular Treasure Hunts of the year, the Custom El Camino. We have seen a lot of Regs left behind. That will probably not be the case with this one.
- As far as existing castings making their 2014 debut, we think the ’99 Mustang and Mooneyes Beetle will be the most popular, outside of that Supercool Greenwood.
- The L Case will also have Zamac Exclusives at Walmart. Look for the Chevelle Wagon, Lincoln Continental, and Custom ’69 Chevy.
12 Replies to “Lamley Case Report: Opening a Hot Wheels L Case (and a special deal for Lamley Readers)…”
Alright, let's get started.
So make sure we have some tops here:
-So we've got another Mustang 50th anniversary model, the '99 Mustang
-3 new models we haven't see before, which is the Land Crusher (not interested), 2014 'Vette Stingray Convertible (ooh, awesome baby), and the Poppa Wheelie (not interested as well).
-More HW Goal cars (including the MR11 recolor)
-2 F case new model recolors, the Fast-Bed Hauler and Rrroadster (have you noticed that you missed the LaFerrari recolor in silver John?)
-Got Ferrari recolors (F12Birlinetta in yellow (missing), LaFerrari in silver (missing), but you did get the 458 Italia recolor anyway)
-some repeats of K case models
What I'm really really, just very really am looking forward coming to me, papa, is the new '14 'Vette Stingray Convertible. Looks stunning in copper orange, standing in as a girl and the coupe version standing in her as a man. Everyone knows, yes this is the body from the coupe version, but repainted and took out the roof and windows. I'm glad to see Hot Wheels still put on the head light and tail light tempos. Very, very cool model I have to say. It is just what I have to expect of Hot Wheels better job than his orange brother, Matchbox.
So that will go in my top 10 2014 Hot Wheels L case list AND my top 10 Hot Wheels favorites. I would have the pleasure to make the list of the top 10 Hot Wheels L case list.
So here we go:
1. '2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible in copper orange
2. Ferrari F12Birlinetta recolor in yellow
3. LaFerrari recolor in silver
4. Fast-Bed Hauler recolor in red
5. Rrroadster recolor in green and yellow
6. Ferrari 458 Italia in navy blue and white and yellow stripes
7. '76 Chevrolet Greenwood Corvette (both $TH and regular version)
8. MR11 recolor in silver and teal
9. Lamborghini Aventador J recolor in sky blue
10. '99 Ford Mustang in blue
WAIT A MINUTE! Does anyone notice that the Fast-Bed Hauler recolor in red has MC5's and not OH5's? The first color in blue had OH5's and now this has MC5's? Is this a variation? To my guess it could be. Well ending now thanks John for the heads up!
Well, I went through entering all my information just to enter the discount code in order to find out how much of a discount I would get and, it is telling me the code is incorrect. I tried both “LAMLEY” and “lamley”
Rather, more specifically, it says: “The coupon code you entered couldn't be applied to any items in your order.”
Zach I will contact Grana. Try Lamleyrocks
Cool stuff! I'm really liking that Dart.. Does it have Matte grey paint? I hope so!
What about that twinmill whit another wheels…its a variation?
Can you do a First Look on the '64 Chevy Chevelle SS? In the 26th picture. That flat black paint job is nice
That worked but, as I'm sure you know, that only knocked of $4. I just expected a bit more because last time, a code saved you $30.
I really like these reveals you've been doing, much easier to go back and look at pics better. If I could just make one request? Anyway to take pics showing the names of the cars? I know it's a little hard when they're on the bottom. Thanks and keep doing these reveals either way.
Interesting, a model with the official Mexican Football federation logo, and another that tries to look like is from the English football. Right in time for the World Cup!
More HW Goal cars. For the Fifa World cup.
Nice article. I think it is useful and unique article. I love this kind of article and this kind of blog. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
TLR Carbon wheels