- I have noticed the copyright date on the base of the 2013 series Dune Dog (MW818) is 2007. Strange since this model was released in 2011 and that copyright date is 2010. How could Mattel make such an odd change or possibly an error? Thank you for any input on this matter. This appears to be an error.
- This is for the Ambassador; he asked for us to submit cars that we had access to and would not have licensing difficulty. This is my 1967 AMC Marlin and of course I would love a 1/64 version. AMC no longer exists so I don’t know how that affects licensing. If you could please forward this to him? I couldn’t find a contact. Thank you, Dan
- Mattel; Due to the new, large 4×4 design wheels being used on the majority of 4×4 style vehicles in the range, will we not be seeing the previous large 4×4 design wheel (as used on the Ford Bronco, Quarry King, Scraper, Dirt Hauler etc) chosen for these new designs also? If not, perhaps there a possibility you could scale this older design down to the standard size used on castings such as the Guzzler, Street Cleaner, Land Rover Defender, Desert Thunder, Hummer H2 and various pick-ups such as the forthcoming Toyota Tacoma and incorporate it here, as the wheel design generally chosen for these kind of vehicles could do with being a bit more rugged looking. I think the original, large 4×4 wheel you came up with a while ago is the best of all the designs and has a typically Matchbox look, it would really compliment more Real, 4×4 / Utility / Emergency castings in the series if made a more appropriate size for them. It would be nice to see the design more prominently used in a variety of sizes actually and on a variety of vehicles. Please would you comment?
- Dream Halloween always produced some excellent Matchbox models with amazing designs. For the past two years Hot Wheels has continued to produce Halloween models but not Matchbox. Will this change for 2014?
- Please could you explain why there are now so many 2014 models released and we are still awaiting about 15 models from 2013?
- Could you please pass on these suggestions for the MBX range. The MB693 UTILITY TRUCK is what I would call one of the better generics. I think it could be better utilized by the addition of 1 or 2 pc plastic loads. I provide pics of some possible variations which would be cost effective – Cement Truck, Flat Bed, Pick-up etc. Box from Volvo Box Truck or stakes from the Dodge Stake Truck.
- My questions for Mattel/Matchbox:
- The Toyota Tacoma Life Guard is a perfect model for Matchbox. We have been told time and time again to make suggestions that fit under the Unstoppable tagline, and this is mine. The Bowler Nemesis is a stellar car. It has received tons of exclamation from BBC Top Gear hosts, particularly Richard Hammond. Many car magazines and reviewers have made positive remarks on the car, calling it a beast for its supercar-like speed on rocks, dirt, and streams. It is damn-well unstoppable. It is 4×4, it is off-road, it has mad styling, and is a licensed model. It is all-around great for both kids and collectors. And, Matchbox has a great relationship with Land Rover, who has a great relationship with Bowler, so it could only go well in my eyes.
- A collector received a Christmas card (shown above) from Mattel showing Barbie, Hot Wheels, Max Steel and Fisher Price but no reference to Matchbox. Did someone just forget or was there a special card.
- Can you please explain why MB36 & 72 are of the same casting? It does seem rather unusual situation having two of the same vehicle in the range. In the past we had the Tyrone Malone Super Boss and Bandag Bandit together and they were the same casting. Did something happen with a planned license that warranted a last minute change.
- A new casting with an opening part – The Questor – Awesome I must say I am more than happy to see opening/moving parts, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Can’t wait to see this in person but based on those photos, as generics go this one might just be passable, what does it look like from the other side with the lid closed? Does the hinge look out of place or have they designed it in such a way that it looks even when compared to the non-hinge side?
- Now to the serious stuff, the Questor does raise some questions though. Based purely on what Mattel keep telling us a model can only have 4 parts (not counting wheels) so I take it this model has no interior then as that would be 5 parts in total? (1. body, 2. base, 3. windows, 4. interior, 5. rear lid) – Due to safety laws/rules/regulations, moving parts are no longer viable so please explain.
- I am pleased that for 2014 the numbers have returned to the small packaging. Unfortunately in my area there has been a run on the sale of magnifying glasses, though no-one can explain why. Is there any chance that for 2015 the size of the number could be increased to make it readable for those unable to see their magnifying glass?
- What is the fate of the international white and orange brush fire truck is only on eBay at high prices?
- Are there any plans to make common US cars so that a child could buy a model of what his father drives?
- Regarding to the new Ground Breaker, your text read as “The 5 pack models include the Ground Breaker BDV50 MB948, Skidster BFN37 MB789 and Tractor Shovel BFN38 MB029. ” Does it mean we will get a retooled model based on MB707? Please advise. Thank you.
- Why is it that some generic models have a scale of 1:64 cast into the base, when they are clearly figments of someone’s talented imagination whilst others do not have a scale imprinted?
The Matchbox team are always keen to hear your comments on the new models for the forthcoming year. First up is the ‘57 GMC Stepside which will be used in the Construction segment.
The Blaze Blitzer will be used in the Heroic segment and Fire 5 car pack
The Ford Crown Victoria will be used in the Fire 5 car pack
The Garbage Grinder will be part of the Adventure City Segment
The International MXT-MVA will be featured in the Heroic Rescue Segment
- Why were the roof windows of the Volkswagen Camper reduced to the same height as the roof?
- Why was the Aston Martin and later the Ferrari Berlinetta of a larger scale than other cars.
- Why do some Ferrari Berlinettas have headlight cowls above the headlights?
- Were there any models that you were dissatisfied with?
- Why were so many of the cars in the range replaced after a comparatively short period of time in comparison with commercial vehicles?
- Was the weight of models important in any way?
- Why do some Ice Cream men in the Commer Ice Cream Truck have legs below their coat and others have no legs?
- Why was the hook on the Diesel Road Roller replaced by just a hole?
- Why were there some models painted in different colours which are so rare today such as the green Tanker, red Vauxhall Victor, tan Morris Minor & and cream Mercury Cougar?
- Were you aware of collectors in the 1960s?